Saturday, September 1, 2012

it's time...

A peek into my journal entry from yesterday afternoon...



...This was truly the best summer ever, and I will never forget it. It was a summer of dreams fulfilled, one in particular, and discoveries made, both good and bad, about myself and others. It was just amazing, and God really did bless me richly with all that I got to do, see, learn, and experience. And all the new relationships formed! So many wonderful new friends! I wish it never had to end. I wish this summer could have lasted forever.

Now, it's time to move forward - forward to fall, Junior year at Carthage, new dreams, new hopes, new challenges, new lessons to be learned. And it's time for some big changes, in my mind, heart, daily schedule, relationships, and goals.

It's time to start really trusting God, in all things. It's time to really start believing that He is sovereign over all things, has a perfect plan for my life, always, always has my good in mind, will never leave me or forsake me, and, most importantly, loves me deeply.

It's time to start being in The Word every day. As my new friend Matt recently told me, "Where else can we go for direction?" And also, for daily reminders of God's love, Gods deep love for me?

It's time to start being more responsible, with my time, my body, my relationships, my heart, and my money.

It's time to start investing in other people - my family, my friends, people at church and at school, even people I meet for the very first time.

It's time to start really serving others.

It's time to start believing in myself. I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for.

It's time to start being comfortable in my own skin. God made me uniquely me. I am beautiful, and I do have beautiful things to bring to this world. And because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross , I really am free to be me.

It's time to start being bold in this world for Christ, unashamed of my hope in Him, unafraid of man and his fleeting and temporary judgement.

It's time to start having joy by choosing joy every day, seeing the beauty in all things, seeing the blessing amidst the trials, seeing each day as a beautiful new gift just waiting to be opened.

It's time to start praying continually, rejoicing without ceasing, giving thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus.

It's time to start seeking God daily and delighting in Him, knowing that He delights in me.

It's time to start preaching the gospel to myself everyday.

It's time to start claiming and resting in the grace and forgiveness I have in Christ, and that no one can take away from me.

It's time to be satisfied in God alone, and get awesome things done for His Kingdom.

It's time.

It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

peace for this night

I really do believe that no matter who is elected President tomorrow, God is still King and still good. I really do believe that no matt...